25 October 2013

Fall Food - Pumpkin Donuts

We recently got to make some fun fall-ish food: pumpkin donuts! These were really pretty easy to make and didn't take long at all.


It actually took us longer to go to the store to get donut pan than to make these. The recipe we used is found here on Allrecipes.

Batter - Not Baby Food
The only thing I changed this time around was the glaze. Instead of following their recipe I made a maple glaze using some great Indiana maple syrup. The sweetness of the glaze complimented the flavor of the pumpkin nicely.


So, final verdict on the recipe? It was good, but not spectacular. Pumpkin is tricky - especially with desserts. The donuts were good, especially if you like cake donuts and pumpkin things. It just isn't a very sweet final product. The maple glaze helped, but I still wasn't blown away. Maybe I was just expecting something different. But hey, if you like pumpkin things than this is still a good way to go. Probably not my favorite, though.

And that's all I've got for now. I'm currently working on a house project, so hopefully I'll be able to post about that next week. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment