05 November 2013

Painting Goals

We have a goal, and I'm hoping that by writing this we'll stick to it!

We have three bedrooms and closets to paint upstairs that require no extra special work other than to finish filling in and sanding miscellaneous nail holes. We plan to get this done by Thanksgiving, which seems pretty reasonable, as we have two free weekends between now and then. However, sometimes watching "Mad Men" just sounds more appealing!

We were able to get some paint samples (and pick up a lot of paint chips!) from our neighborhood Ace Hardware this past weekend. Sadly, none of our buddies from the summer were working. When we were there about three times a week, we would walk in and immediately get greeted with hellos and questions about how the house was coming. I guess we've been absent for too long! 

For the smallest of our three bedrooms, we will be using the color that we initially painted our kitchen. I like it (just not for the kitchen) so I am glad that we are able to use paint we've already bought. For the largest bedroom, we will paint it a light blue to go with the quilt my mom made me that's on the twin bed (it's pink and blue, but I didn't really want to put pink on the walls). The last room (the kitty room as we call it) was the hardest to choose a color for. I'm trying to keep the colors in the whole house cohesive yet not all the same. Jeremy came up with the idea of doing it a light yellow - it will keep the room light, yet it's neutral enough to go with the rest of the house. We'll have pictures soon!

This should be a relatively quick process once we get all the paint we need. Jeremy and I have painting together down to an art. For the ceiling, I do around the edges and Jeremy rolls. I tried rolling the first time we did a ceiling, and things did not go well! For the walls, I cut in around the trim while he rolls, and when I'm done, I take over rolling. Then Jeremy cuts in around the ceiling, while I finish rolling and start cleaning up. Jeremy has a much steadier hand then I do, so he gets a really straight line next to the ceiling. I have to tape off the trim and try not to make a huge mess when I cut in!

So, here's to setting goals and obtaining them, whether large or small!

Also, here's some cat pictures for you all:





No comments:

Post a Comment