21 June 2013

Birthday Happenings

An update on our social lives...

My birthday was this week (the big 25!) and Jeremy and I had many days of celebrating! We started by taking a 3-day weekend (best.decision.ever). This meant that we could stay up a bit later on Thursday night, so we got things kicked off with 4 movies from Family Video and a pretty legit blanket fort. A fun time was had by all, even Ellie!

Fort Miller
On Friday, it was so nice to be able to sleep in and spend some time with Ellie. In the afternoon, we went to Buck Creek Winery for a tasting. It was so fun and it was neat to do something different. We brought home some wine and some CHEESE. They sell a few different cheeses from Fair Oaks Farm (we went last year and it was awesome... we saw a cow being born!) The cheese we bought is literally the best cheese I've ever had in my life. It was hickory smoked Gouda and sooooo yummy!

Birthday Girl!
Friday night we were able to spend some time with friends we hadn't seen in a while. It was great to catch up on each others' lives! We had dinner at Bubs, a local restaurant that sells huge burgers! You can get elk or beef burgers - I got beef and Jeremy got elk. We had a fun time back at the house at our first ever bonfire! Jeremy bought a fire pit last week on sale at Menards and it is one of my favorite purchases to date. A bonfire is a summer essential. Ok, who am I kidding - the s'mores are the important part!

Can You Guess Which Burger is Whose?

Photo Credit: Elizabeth Trancik

First Bonfire of the Year!
Saturday was a fun day too, with more birthday celebrating! We went to the Indianapolis Zoo in the morning with my sister and her family. We saw a one year old elephant, and she was adorable. Just running around, playing in the water and being cute. We also were able to enjoy the White River Gardens which look like quintessential British estate gardens. At least what I think they look like!

So Excited at the Zoo!

Bath Time

Lawn Ornaments

So Many Almost-Butterflies!

No Idea What Kind This is...

Weird Squirrel Offering His Acorn as Tribute...?
Saturday evening was by far my favorite part of the weekend! Jeremy surprised me with an outing to the drive-in movie theater in town. I've never been to one and always wanted to go, so it was perfect! We saw The Internship (pretty good - more heartwarming than I thought it would be) and Now You See Me (which I need to watch again - I was too tired to pay attention to the "how they did it" at the end of the movie). It was great to snack on popcorn, watch movies for cheap and support a local business! It was a late night for us though - we didn't get home until 2:30am.

Waiting in Line for Popcorn
Sunday was a bit more of a productive day - we helped some friends move into their house and we painted primer in the den (update on the den coming soon - it looks GREAT!). Monday was back to work, but Tuesday was my birthday! We celebrated with our yummy cheese from Fair Oaks Farm and bacon, because what is a birthday without bacon? My nephew said we were eating silly food - I guess bacon doesn't really qualify as dinner to him.
 
Our Silly Dinner
My birthday present was awesome: Pretty Pretty Princess!!!! I might have to make Jeremy play with me! Lowe's and Menards also sent me birthday presents (well, not so much presents as purchases). It was so great to have our purchases arrive at our front door the same day as my birthday, and you'll see what we got in our next post. The house is definitely coming together, and it was so great to celebrate my first married birthday in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment