24 September 2013

Pears Please

We made some pretty darn good pasta a few weeks ago and I thought I'd share. I meant to share sooner... but oh well. It was Gorgonzola Pear Pasta.

Pears. Pears in pasta. Weird, right? Maybe a little, but it was very good. I added a bit myself, of course, but still very good. The recipe can be found online here on allrecipes.com.

I really need to start using a real camera...
This turned out very nicely for us. Like I said, I made a few changes. I added a little Parmesan cheese because it's delicious and brings a good earthiness to the dish (umami, for all you other foodies out there). I didn't add walnuts, mostly because I forgot, but I did add green onion, so I guess it all works out. To keep it at least a little more healthy, I didn't use cream and went with milk instead. I kept it pretty light too so that the sauce more just stuck to the pasta instead of the pasta swimming in it. I also made a balsamic reduction to drizzle on top - the complex sweet and acidic flavor went really well with the pear and Gorgonzola.

This tasted really good and I think we'll make it again sometime. Leslie even liked it well enough to eat it twice, which is pretty rare for her when it comes to pasta. Next time I won't forget the walnuts and will consider adding some caramelized onions instead of using green onions. The balsamic reduction was also a good call and we'll have to bring that back for the sequel as well.

Thanks for reading and be sure to come back on Friday for a house update!

No comments:

Post a Comment