14 January 2014

Peanut, Peanut Butter (But No Jelly)

For the last few years we've had a Christmas tradition in my family that, in addition to other gifts, we draw names and have to make something for whomever we draw. So far we've seen such things as a blueberry pie, a recipe book, framed artwork, and more. This year I had my little sister and made her something I knew she'd enjoy (plus she's a college student and I'm pretty sure food is always a good gift to college kids).


The Recipe

Amish Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Marshmallow Fluff
1 Cup Light Corn Syrup

Stir the ingredients together in a bowl. Yes, it's that easy.



End Results and Final Thoughts

I doubled the recipe so I could fill up that jar and have some extra for us. Definitely a good call. This family favorite is very easy and is good on loads of stuff. I like it on bread, apples, crackers (especially animal crackers), celery, pretzels, and just about anything else. It's light and fluffy and sweet and delicious. There are other recipes out there for Amish peanut butter, but this is a simple one that still tastes great without containing copious amounts of butter. Just go try it - you'll like it, I promise. Unless you're allergic to peanut butter...

No comments:

Post a Comment