13 January 2015

Wrapping Up Christmas

Hello people! Hope everyone had a great holiday season and all that. We've been running around doing this and that for the last few weeks, so I figured I'd finally post a quick update on what all we've been up to.

A few weeks ago we went to the Christmas at the Zoo event at the Indianapolis Zoo with Leslie's sister, niece and nephew, and parents. Of course this was only after a tasty dinner at The Tamale Place, because that's how we roll (and it's delicious). The zoo really goes all out for this stuff and it's pretty cool. They've got lights up everywhere and even bring in a reindeer, which doesn't seem all that impressive considering they have cooler animals there... but hey, it's Christmas.



Last year, Leslie and I traveled all over the place to see family at every opportunity. It was great, but pretty exhausting by the end of it. This year I had to work the Friday/weekend after Christmas so we elected to stay home for Christmas day. We slept in, had a delicious brunch (Leslie made the awesome cinnamon rolls that I love so much and some pomegranate mimosas while I made an egg casserole), and then opened presents all by ourselves. And yes, we even got presents for the pets. We then spent the rest of the day in our pajamas (new, Christmas pajamas we opened on Christmas Eve from Santa) watching A Christmas Story and messing with our new toys. It was lovely.






I had to work the rest of the weekend, so Leslie traveled up to see family through Sunday. In her absence, Leo, the cats, and I watched a lot of guy movies and ate leftover cinnamon rolls. That was also pretty lovely.

We then headed up to see some of my family on New Year's Eve. We did our annual dinner with the extended family on my dad's side up in Michigan and it was amazing. This place had smoked chicken that was incredible. So good. Then we went back to my grandparent's place to open presents. My cousin had me in the annual gift exchange and, as is tradition, made the wrapping as ridiculous and hard to open as possible (mainly using lots of duct tape). After gifts and some hanging out we headed back down to my parent's house to ring in the new year. And then went to bed shortly after.






The next day, New Year's Day, was my immediate family's Christmas. We went out for lunch, saw the latest Hobbit movie, and then opened presents. It was a nice, relaxed day. Plus we got some cool stuff (and lots of gift cards, which is always welcome).

We spent the next day at Leslie's parents place, just hanging out. Leslie's sister and her family came over that evening, so we got to play with the kids and even all watched Jeopardy. We stayed there overnight and then, after some more hanging out on Saturday, headed back home. And that pretty well ended our holidays this year. They weren't too wild, but we got to see a lot of family and it was fun.

And that's all for this post. Thanks for reading and we'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment