27 June 2013

Twist and Shout

We haven't done a whole lot on the house recently (that's another post) because we've had some other stuff going on. And life moves pretty fast, so we've been looking around a bit.

One thing that Leslie left out of her birthday post was that she had some new friends at our house for awhile. I had a big pile of tree trimmings and pulled weeds and whatnot sitting in the side lawn for a few weeks and, when I finally had it hauled away, we discovered some previously unknown guests underneath: baby bunnies! This was, of course, very fun and exciting news for Leslie, who is a true lover of all things cute and fuzzy.

Bunny #1

Bunny #2
Last Monday there was a golf outing for an organization of which my company is a member, so I got to go play at a very nice Jack Nicklaus designed course in Noblesville that I'd otherwise never be able to touch. We started nice and early, like good golfers and fishermen do, and played through to the afternoon. They had a nice lunch for us after and passed out awards for things like longest drive and the like. Afterwards I went home to do some painting. It was a long and hot day, but it sure beat sitting in the office. It also showed me how much work my golf game needs. It needs a lot.

My Coworker Winning "Closest to the Pin"
This past weekend two of our friends got married in Cincinnati. Because of this, Leslie's best friend / maid of honor at our wedding came into town, along with her boyfriend, for the weekend. We got to hang out with them downtown on Friday night along with Leslie's friend's sister, who's a student at the IU School of Medicine in Indianapolis, and her boyfriend. We went to PEARings Frozen Yogurt, which is right by the circle and was very good. After eating our desserts we took a walk around downtown and enjoyed the beautiful summer night. We also stopped in at Rocket Fizz for some drinks. Finally, after our walk we headed home. Leslie's friend and her boyfriend met us there and stayed the night. So far they are the most company we've had overnight, so we'll stick that on the "Number of People in the House Overnight" High Score Board: 4 (including us).

Our Soda Pop from Rocket Fizz!
The next day the ladies wanted to do some shopping, so we went to two of those places that the only men you see are the ones with blank looks following women around the store... Hobby Lobby and Home Goods. Leslie picked out some nice things for the house. I'm not sure when we're going to get around to any sort of decorating, but once we do I'm sure she'll make it look nice. The wedding was that evening in Cincinnati, so the four of us ate a late lunch and all headed down. We had a great time there and got to see a lot of friends we haven't seen in a long time. The wedding and reception were both beautiful and it was fun to see two of our friends finally get married. Leslie even got me to dance (if you can call it that) a bit.

Enjoying the Reception
I've also enjoyed taking advantage of this lovely weather by getting the grill out. This week I grilled some pork chops and asparagus. I made some rice, sautéed mushrooms and onions, and a maple syrup whiskey sauce too. Gotta love summer grilling.


Summer Grilling

Fancy Pants Dinner
And that's about all that's been going on for us. The only other family news to share is that Ellie's birthday was Wednesday. Yep, our little kitty is one year old now. So since everyone loves our cat more than they love us, I'll simply close with a few pictures of the birthday girl.

Ellie's Seat in the Den

Kitty in a Bag

"Wait, how did you find me?"

Birthday Girl!
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for a house post coming soon! No, for real. I promise. Also, I've got my real camera out and ready to go! Now all we need for more, better quality posts is for me to set up the computer and for us to get internet... so yeah, this could still be awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment